Community Outreach Club is an effective device to inculcate the values and the concept of giving something back to the society. Students, under leadership of school principal Ms. Reena Rajpal and teachers, engage themselves in community projects and demonstrate the essentials of sustainable living.
Various project undertaken by students in the year 2018-2019 are as follows:-
- The learners carry out educational drives in the neighboring slum areas and also educate the elderly.
- They don’t just teach the three R’s but also educate the poor about hygiene and sanitation.
- The learners spread awareness about AIDS & Drug Abuse.
- Homeopathic medicines are provided for free.
- In times of Natural Disasters, the school donates to the government in cash and kind.
- Blood donation drives are carried out on PTM’s.
- Poor women are empowered through vocational training.
- Learners spread the message of conserving energy, increasing the green cover and imbibing the concept of Reuse, Reduce & Recycle.
- Celebration of Communal harmony week in the neighborhood.
- Donations of old books and clothes for needy.
- Adoption of a neighborhood garden.
- Cleanliness drives in the neighborhood areas.
- Taking out rallies and conducting door to door campaigns to spread the message of environment protection.
The Community Outreach Club ties up with various external organizations like Red Cross Society, Help Age, Lions Club, Rotary International, TATA Power, Expressions India and many others to enable the children to work on meaningful projects so that the children learn to care for the society very early in life.